Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (RAJUVAS) in Bikaner
Established in 1954,
The Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (RAJUVAS), Bikaner is a newly constituted body established under sub section (3) of section 1 of the Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Act, 2010 consequent to carving out of units pertaining to veterinary & animal sciences from Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner and Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture & Technology, Udaipur. The University came in to existence on 13th day of May, 2010 with His Excellency the Governor of Rajasthan as the Chancellor of the University. Professor A.K. Gahlot was appointed as first Vice Chancellor of the University.
The oldest constituent college of the University is College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Bikaner, established in 1954, is the oldest Veterinary College in the state. The University is located in heritage and palatial buildings of erstwhile Ganga Avenue housing the College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Bikaner (since 1954) and is spread over 200 acres of land. It has a sanctioned strength of 104 faculty out of which 94 are in teaching and 13 in research. The other constituent college of this University is the College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Navania-Vallabhnagar, Udaipur.
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Programme AHDPDuration: 2 years
Eligibility: Should have passed 10+2 with with physics, Chemistry and biology or Agriculture stream subjects with biology and must not be less than 17 years and not more than 28 years.
Admisssion Procedure: Admissions are done on merit drawn on the basis of marks of Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent.
Total Intake Capacity per Year: 2550 seats
For more Details Visit: http://rajuvas.org/WebPages/DiplomaAdmission.aspx
- B.V.Sc & A.H
- Duration: 5 year duration (four and half year course work and internship of 6 months)
Eligibility: .Should have passed 10+2 with with physics, Chemistry and biology or Agriculture stream subjects with biology and must not be less than 17 years.
Admission Procedure: The selection of students for admission to B.V.Sc. & AH. Degree Course shall only be on the basis of merit through a RPVT competitive entrance examination.
Total intake Capacity per Year: 540+15* seats
For more Details visit: http://rajuvas.org/WebPages/BVSCAHAdmission.aspx
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Anatomy
- M.V.Sc in Animal Breeding and Genetics,
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Parasitology
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Physiology
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Medicine
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Public health
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Microbiology
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Pathology
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
- M.V.Sc in Livestock Production and Management
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive medicine.
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Biochemistry
- M.V.Sc in Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree examination of RAJUVAS, Bikaner, or an examination declared equivalent to it with not less than 6.00/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage (i.e. 60%) of marks for general category candidates and 5.50/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage (i.e. 55%) of marks for OBC/SC/ST/ category candidates.
Total intake Capacity per Year: 58+16* seats
For more Details visit: http://rajuvas.org/WebPages/MVSCAdmission.aspx
- Ph.D in Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Ph.D inAnimal Nutrition
- Ph.D inVeterinary Microbiology
- Ph.D inVeterinary Medicine
- Ph.D inVeterinary Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ph.D inVeterinary Surgery and Radiology
- Ph.D inVeterinary Pathology
- Ph.D inVeterinary Parasitology
- Ph.D inVeterinary Physiology
- Ph.D in Livestock Production & Management
- Ph.D in Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence
- Ph.D in Veterinary Anatomy (approved but admissions not allowed currently)
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed Master’s degree in respective/related subjects from RAJUVAS, Bikaner, or an examination declared equivalent to it with not less than 6.50/10 or equivalent OGOPA/equivalent percentage of marks for general category candidates and 6.0/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for SC/ST/PH category candidates. For Animal Biotechnology the candidate having degree of M.V.Sc. in Veterinary Microbiology/Veterinary Biochemistry/Physiology and Biochemistry/Animal Genetics and Breeding/Obstetrics and Gynaecology/Animal Nutrition or M.Sc./ M.Tech in Animal Biotechnology/Biotechnology will be eligible.
Total intake Capacity per Year: 24 seats
For more Details visit: http://rajuvas.org/WebPages/Ph.D.Admission.aspx
Facilities at RAJUVAS:
- Computer centre
- Guest House
- Clinical laboratories
Rajasthan Agricilture University of Veternery and Animal Sciences
Bijey Bhawan Palace Complex,
Near Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay circle,